Definition of Science and Technology Park
Science and Technology Park is an organization managed by professional experts whose main goal is to increase wealth in the community through developing innovation perception, and increasing competitiveness among present companies in parks, and knowledge, and science-based institutes.
Fars Science and Technology Park
Fars Science and Technology Park (FSTP), authorized by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, officially started its operation in 2002 to create appropriate infrastructures for technology development. FSTP encompasses three incubator centers and a multi-tenant building for entrepreneur companies (graduated companies from incubators) in 20 hectare of land, North-West of Shiraz city, along with eight affiliated centers in different cities of Fars province. FSTP provides an appropriate environment for professional presence of small, and medium technical companies, and their research, and development offices run by innovators. The major goal of FSTP is to constructively and effectively connect companies, universities, research centers, and large industries which are actively engaged in innovative technologies. FSTP also tries to create job opportunities for university graduates, and researchers, and to provide internship opportunities. Fars Science and Technology Park is a subset of Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, and is managed by governmental, financial supports.
Goals of Science and Technology Parks
- Increasing wealth in the country through knowledge-based economy
- Commercialization of university research results, and connecting research, production, and service sections
- Increasing competitiveness, and growth among knowledge-based companies
- Attracting technical knowledge, and national, and international capitals
- Encouraging international collaboration of technology-based companies
- Supporting small, and medium technology-based enterprises
- Supporting innovative, research institutes, and companies
- Developing international cooperation to benefit from global experiences
- Efficient presence in global, technology markets